Sat, 21 Oct|
Pier in front of OBA Amsterdam
Join the Day of the Dead boat parade in Amsterdam
Characterize as catrin or catrina and join us at the “day of the Dead parade”
Time & Location
21 Oct 2023, 15:30 – 17:00 CEST
Pier in front of OBA Amsterdam, Oosterdokskade 143, 1011 DL Amsterdam, Países Bajos
About the event
JOIN THE DAY OF THE DEAD WATER PARADE
PIER IN FRONT OBA – AMSTERDAM
SATURDAY OCTOBER 21, 2023
The Mexican Talent Network in the Netherlands, in collaboration with
the Embassy of Mexico in the Netherlands
INVITE THE MEXICAN COMMUNITY AND ALL PEOPLE INTERESTED
TO CELEBRATE THE DAY OF THE DEAD TO:
- ORGANIZE YOUR BOAT WITH FRIENDS/FAMILY
- DECORATE YOUR BOAT
- GET CHARACTERIZED AS CATRINA OR CATRÍN AND
- JOIN THE BOAT PARADE LEAD BY "THE SHIP OF THE CATRINAS" TO CELEBRATE.
15:30 – ANCHOR YOUR BOAT AT THE PIER IN FRONT OF THE OBA (Oosterdokskade 143)
16:00 – START OF THE WATER PARADE THROUGH THE CANALS OF AMSTERDAM – FOLLOWING THE BOAT YOU WILL BE INDICATED
17:00 – DISEMBARKATION AT THE PIER IN FRONT OF THE OBA
- The costs of the eventual rental of a boat are on the participants.
- Neither the Mexican Talent Network – NL nor the Embassy of Mexico in the Netherlands are responsible for any costs generated by the participants in the water parade.
- Neither the Mexican Talent Network – NL nor the Embassy of Mexico in the Netherlands are responsible for any damage or accident of any kind, generated by the participants, or their boat in the water parade.
- The boats are expected to be decorated with the Day of the Dead theme.
- Participants traveling by boat are expected to be characterized as catrina or catrín (not Halloween).
- Participants are asked to maintain order during the water parade.
- Ask your captain to follow the boats' water rules and the order of the boats. When you subscribe, you will get a number, that will be your boats’ number and the order to follow.
- The person who registers the boat is responsible for the above points being carried out.
- The route of the parade is on the Eventbrite event.
IF YOU AGREE WITH ALL THE ABOVE POINTS, YOU CAN REGISTER YOUR BOAT VIA EVENTBRITE BEFORE OCTOBER 19, 2023.
Register here: https://bit.ly/BoatParade-DayofTheDead2023
For the street lovers:
WATCHING FROM THE STREET?
Here is the route where you will find the three spots along the water parade to watch the boats pass by.
We cannot mention when the boats will pass by each spot.
The water parade will take place from 16:00 until 17:00 hrs.